Tuesday 31 January 2012

Wool Vest goes Decorative.

Before
I have some beautiful Wool and Acrylic sweaters from my grandparents that I couldn't part with, and wanting to make Pillows and other Decorative things from them.  So one of my first projects was this Pure Virgin Wool Sweater Vest gone Decorative Pillow.
Blending with the decor

The Crocheted flowers
The first pictures shows what the Vest looked like Before.  If you look closely you can see a slight line where I cut across the Vest, to use what I needed for the pillow.  The vest being shaped like a body, tapered on the sides so I machine stitched a straight line with wrong sides facing of the vest.  Did the buttons up and sewed a seam following along the right side seam of the buttons.  Then sewed the bottom and part of the top, leaving room to stuff the pillow once turning it back to right side out.  Stuffed it and hand stitched the opening.  Hand sewed on my Mother's Crocheted flowers and Voila!!  This project took maybe under 2 hours from start to finish.  Of course the Crocheted flowers would take much longer if doing those yourself.  My Mother taught me how to Crochet a few weeks ago so eventually I'll be able to do them myself....hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment