Sunday 14 August 2011

Late 1930's/40's Waterfall Vanity

This sturdy Maple Dressing Vanity is such a great piece of furniture.  I inherited it from my Grandparents.  I also have the dresser that matches it but the Vanity had some surface scratches and I decided to strip & sand it all down.  Probably about 3 coats of primer, and 2-3 coats of paint.  Of course in my favorite Creamy white.

I was really undecided on whether to Paint or not to Paint the Mirror.  I decided to leave it because it was in such great condition.   Some new handles, glass knobs, small accessories like the painted bird house, with matching glass knobs, finish this Vanity off.   Now that its all finished, my daughter Amelie loves it, and uses it every morning to brush her hair.  Fit for a little Princess!

Now all I am on the look out for is a really cute stool or chair that will slide right underneath.  It came with a bench, but I much rather liked it with my Vintage Sewing table, which is also Maple.
Another project on the list of many.

No comments:

Post a Comment